Tuesday 18 May 2010

Remember the fallen

Magma is flowing directly to fuel my workshops, things are looking good.


After finally remembering to allow dwarves outside, I figured out why my injured soldier wasn't being given water. He should pull through, but one of the brave marksdwarves took a bad hit and needs to rest too. If the goblins come back before the end of the year, there will be some serious problems.

Some much welcomed migrants:
  • Hunter - Useful.
  • Peasant - Military.
  • Glassmaker - I have some sand, and some magma, might be time to make some glass.
  • Another Peasant - Military.
  • Weaver - Already got one of those, still haven't set up any clothing production.
  • Siege Engineer - Bout time I built something to keep invading goblins away.
  • Soap maker - Ha, yeah right. Military.
  • Axedwarf - YES! finally someone who knows what they are doing.
  • Gem setter - All my gems are rough, glad to have someone to smooth them.
  • Peasant - Maybe he will work in my metalworking industry.
  • Ranger - Another slacker who claims he 'works with animals'
  • Miner - I have two competent miners and two trainee miners, this one will probably struggle to find much work.
  • Another soap worker - Really?
  • Weaponsmith - Ah, nevermind about that last peasant.
  • Peasant - Don't have anything for him to do yet.
  • Dyer - Another part of my non-existent clothing industry.
  • Peasant - ...
  • Animal Caretaker - More uselessness.
  • Milker - Don't have any cows.
  • Another Peasant - I don't need anymore peasants!
  • Trapper - or useless animal dudes.
  • A Mule
This is the biggest wave of migrants I've EVER had on Dwarf Fortress, I wonder if these goblin attacks have anything to do with it. Lor the woodcutter has announced he is now the mayor, better carve out some decent quarters for him.

I'm sure they were thrilled when they saw dwarves corpses scattered amongst the remains of two goblin ambush parties.

On a more sombre note, I've set an area for burial chambers. So far every dwarf that has died has been a true hero, one legendary miner, four heroic wrestlers and that fisherdwarf, though the only useful thing he did was make an expensive earring.


No comments:

Post a Comment