Sunday 16 May 2010

flux capacity

Its still early summer, and a human caravan has shown up, hope they brought weapons, especially crossbows.

As I was outside because of the human caravan message, I assign some more trees to be cut down to the north west, and realise, what's that white stone on the floor? LIMESTONE. What an idiot. It took me this long to realize I've had limestone right next to my entrance all this time and haven't even noticed.

Gah, So I sent my dwarves mining away below the surface, hopefully I'll find some iron ore too, unfortunately leading the digging is my newly appointed miner who hasn't even been upgraded from 'Peasant' status, a crippled cat could mine loamy wall faster than this guy.

I set up some limestone excavation to dig some out and look for iron ores (along with some sardonyx), and will probably stick a stone pile for limestone next to my smelter, I may have to put down a couple more smelters. Perhaps the fabled magma pool is a few levels down.

I traded some tat for an iron crossbow, shield and buckler, also some iron bars, hopefully I'll be able to create the rest of my army's weapons myself. Pretty soon my 3 man militia will be ready for anything.

The human merchants are gone and now not much is happening, I'm going to carve out some more bedrooms, preparation for nobles.

I set my masons onto engraving the main hall, to see what exciting events were worth recording, they engraved images of "a horse" "three dwarves" "some mountains". As I thought... my dwarves are as bored as I am with this dull hole-in-the-ground. I think in future I'll go into less detail on the dull stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment