Sunday 16 May 2010

Fortress update

Its Autumn year 2 and the title fight for the Devilhalls championship wrestler belt has begun in the barracks, my 3 militiamen have become wrestlers and are duking it out.

I'll use this post to show what my fortress actually looks like now.

Below is Z-level 143, decidedly outside, that open space is my courtyard, and the bit below is the ex-pond with a sparring yard below, and an archery range above (plans for a tower have been devised)

Next is Z-level 142, the first level of my fortress containing all my food production and storage, trade depot, and military. That lever in the barracks is going to be attached to the bridge. That tunnel to the left leads to the limestone mine.


Next is floor 141, This contains all my main economy, that empty room on the left will be turned into a custom stockpile for gold ore, and changed as my metalsmith plows through it. 3 of the cages on the animal pile have monkeys in them. God knows what i'll do with them


The living quarters are on 140, the great hall and a bunch of bedrooms, more are being carved out, the luxurious quarters at the bottom are for the Peasant-turned-Book-keeper.


There are two levels of just up/down stairways (one of which some dwarf randomly dumped gold ore on) surrounded by alumite. Then we come to the fabled BASALT MINES OF DEVILHALLS.

Floor 137:
Floor 136: This is where that excellent gold seam is.


Everything below this is just stairs (one of which I discovered some gems as I was constructing) down to level 127 where I couldn't dig any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment