Saturday 15 May 2010

Hi ho, hi ho

It should be mentioned that I'm using the Mayday Tileset, I hope die-hard Dwarf Fortress players can forgive me, but it has definitely flattened the learning curve significantly for me. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

This area is fairly flat (and unfortunately, quite swampy), with a lower level at the very north, it seems I have no choice to start my fortress there if I want a wide entrance devoid of stairs.


After a bit of tidying up and some early excavation into the hill, I set up an indoor farm, some wood production and a nice open area for food storage. With my fortresses I quite like to build my food area directly above my main hall, with a staircase for easy access.


As you may have noticed, these ponds may cause some problems later, I've made a mental note to excavate that one to the right of my entrance and construct some sort of outdoor training area for my military. I guess we'll see how that turns out. I also added some brewery production.

The next priority is getting some sleeping arrangements sorted out, I dig down two levels to carve out a meeting hall into a basalt layer, I'll probably stick a load of bedrooms alongside it at some point too, I like building bedrooms in the first stone layer since I can engrave the walls as an easy way to keep the pleb dwarves happy.

More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment