Saturday 15 May 2010

Trading

Finally the traders get here, taking the rather dull route of just going down the ramp into my courtyard instead of my awesome front door. All I could afford to trade for my sacks of basalt crap was a few bags of seeds and some wood, which seemed worth purchasing as my dwarves don't even seem to have the time to cut it themselves, plus it was on special offer and the merchant was very persuasive.

Oh well, at least I can get started on my moat.

Looks pretty awesome if I do say so myself, I'll get one of my lackys to rig up a lever for a drawbridge system, I don't know where I'll put the lever yet, maybe in my soon-to-be-constructed-as-soon-as-some-migrants-show-up barracks. Come to think of it, the pond I've been trying to drain would fill that moat up nicely...

I've given one of my farmers the cooking skill and away he goes doing his best to turn Plump Helmets into "Fine Meals". Good luck. The trade caravan does one. I'll request some weapons, I'll hopefully have some kind of militia going on by the time they come round again.

It would have been great if I could have filled that moat with magma, but I've no idea where this magma pool is, deep underground I guess, I'll have to find some iron ore too if I want to get on and make some steel. I also need more basalt, underground we go.

After some exploratory mining, I can't find a damn stone of flux or ore, I swear I embarked on an area with flux, but I can't find a layer of it anywhere, I hope I didn't accidentally move the embark area or something. This is a problem, looks like my steel industry will be struggling, no migrants again at the end of Autumn, bound to get some in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment