Saturday 15 May 2010

We built this city on rock and coal

Damnit, It was looking like that pool of water was evaporating, but it rained and put all the water back to 4/7. I'm never going to have my drill-yard.

I'm getting bored waiting for this trade caravan, its Autumn but I don't want to start my drawbridge-over-a-ditch project until they are gone. I am badly in need of migrants, work is slow within Devilhalls, everyone keeps taking breaks and sleeping, slackers.


Nothing 'fun' has happened to my fortress yet, although its only 2 seasons old, I think some defenses are in order, I've started work on some cage traps at my entrance, mechanisms and cages are in full production, I'll finally have some sort of defense on the way.


I'm going to start production on charcoal, just as soon as I get some wood, I'm really running low. In the meantime, I'm going to start producing stuff that nobles will appreciate, seeing as I have a lot of stone lying around and nothing much to do with it except create blocks.


I realized that the reason I was low on wood was because I unassigned woodcutting from both of my woodcutting dwarves... nice. Anyway, here is an update of what my main entrance looks like, pre-bridge:

Fuck knows what I'll do with those walls, probably widen them and put some fortifications on 'em, Marksdwarves seem to be the safest way to fight invaders. There is still much to be done before I'm ready for that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment