Saturday 15 May 2010

Summer

Since its summer, why not let my dwarves work outside? Plans have been made to create the grandest entrance a fortress has ever seen.

It took two months to build, but it was worth it, check out my new courtyard!

I'll use this area for farming and the like, once I get some migrants I'll get to work constructing a drawbridge to put in that gap in the wall, eventually maybe I'll set up a walled off area on the level above with some towers.

As for what's happening now, I've set my farmer dedicated to farming so he can get some serious growing done, decked out the main hall with a long table and built another 6 bedrooms to accommodate newcomers. The mason is still plugging away in the centre of the hall, for now he will have to just make an effort not to get bits of door and chairs on the other dwarves' food.

Since there's not much mining to be done right now, I set one of my miners to work on smoothing the walls of the hall, while the other carves out some corridors for future bedrooms. I also receive a most disappointing message.

Oh well, I guess theres still a lot more to be done. I think i'll get started on some metalcrafting, I'll probably have to dig down to find some flux material.




No comments:

Post a Comment