Saturday 15 May 2010

Who would buy a basalt crown?

Time to get to work on some storage, otherwise my dwarves will be up to their ears in basalt idols and barrels before they know it.

As mentioned previously, the Z level between my food production and great hall will be a warehouse, I'll probably put a load of workshops on that floor too, far enough away from the bedrooms so as to avoid noise. So far this is what it looks like:

1 - Finished goods - thats a craftdwarf's workshop under construction at the bottom right of this pile
2 - Bar/Block - I don't know where I will move my mason's too once the great hall is complete, this pile will do for now
3 - Gems - If I find many gems, I'll carve out some space to the left of this pile for a jewel-cutters workshop
4 - Wood - Nice and close to the carpenters which is under construction at the bottom left of this pile.
5 - Furniture - Near the entrance to the main staircase, easier access for furniture hauling
6 - Armor
7 - Weapons
8 - Ammo
9 - Animals

I set my carpenter to work on some bins as once this storage area is complete, making some tat for the tourists who come in Autumn is top priority. Construction of the useless crap begins:


As for an update on the swimming pool, expanding it has lowered the water level considerably, its all at 3/7 and 4/7, but I can't remember if it will evaporate, DF wiki suggests that in hot climates water will evaporate at those levels, but I think I embarked onto a temperate region. This is... problematic, I will have to find a way to remove this water.

I could just flood my main hallway, there is nothing interesting there for now, maybe it will all eventually evaporate, maybe I'll wait till I have some more migrants.

I should probably mention that there is a brook at the very bottom right of the area which I can probably use for some purpose or another, drinking is not necessary as my dwarves are currently sitting on over 200 barrels of Devilhall's finest ales and wines.

Food and booze production is going well, but pretty soon my dwarves will be getting sick of Plump helmets, I should probably look into a butchers and a kitchen, hopefully I'll get some migrants soon who will bring some delicious meaty goodness. Summer is almost upon Devilhalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment